Paranormal Georgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Green Eyes

Go down

Old Green Eyes Empty Old Green Eyes

Post  Admin Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 2:48

It is not known for sure if "Old Green Eyes" is a ghost or mythical beast. I have encountered three legends behind "Old Green Eyes".
  • Legend 1- There was a messenger that got his head blown off by a cannon during the Battle of Chickamauga. It is claimed that all that was buried was his head because his body could not be located or had been destroyed. It is said that" Old Green Eyes" is the ghostly head of that messenger relentlessly searching the battle field for his body.
  • Legend 2- There was a Confenderate infantryman that got his head blown off by a cannon during the Battle of Chickamauga. It is claimed that all that was buried was his body because his head could not be located or had been destroyed. It is said that "Old Green Eyes" is the body of that soldier on a relentless search for his head.
  • Legend 3- This legend states that "Old Green Eyes" is not a man but a cryptoid. It is rumored that he outdates white man in the area. It has also been handed down through oral reports that he was spotted during the battle on Snodgrass Hill. In 1863 after the battle reports of "Old Green Eyes" escalated which could be due to the fact that he had plenty of flesh to feed on with all the fresh bodies and the fact that it took months to bury all the casualties. There is one well known eyewitness account of "Old Green Eyes" park ranger Edward Tinney. “When it passed me,” he said, “I could see his hair was long like a woman’s. The eyes -I’ll never forget those eyes- they were glaring, almost greenish-orange in color, flashing like some sort of wild animal. The teeth were long and pointed like fangs. It was wearing a dark cape that seemed to be flapping in the wind, but there was no wind. I didn’t know whether to run or scream or what. Then the headlights of an approaching car came blazing through the fog, and the thing disappeared right in front of me.” Other eyewitness accounts besides just "two glowing green orbs" state the beast was human like with glowing green eyes, waist length hair, and huge, misshapen jaws with large fangs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://paranormalgeorgia.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum